Friday, May 20, 2011

Bye Pre-k, Hello Kindergarten!

Today was Noah's last day of preschool and boy was it a hard day for me. I walked him into his pre-k class for the very last time this morning at 7:40 and walked into his classroom full of smiling faces. The innocence of children. One of Noah's teachers had tears in her eyes and I almost lost it but was able to keep it together. At least until I got to my car. Then came 2:40 and it was time to pick him up for the very last time. I walked down their little hallway to get to the classroom and the walls were empty. No pictures of smiling faces, no sticker charts on how many books they've read, no charts on their growth, nothing. I get into the classroom and they are all sitting at their little tables, name-tags still taped to their "spots" & they were having their last laughs and cupcakes together. I stood there and tried taking in every moment because in a few years, these little babes won't even remember each other. Truth is, it bothers me more than it does them. Why? I don't know. There was a banner with each child's name and handprint along with "Class of 2024" and I asked if I could have it & they gave it to me! I was so thankful noone else had claimed it because I had been keeping my eye on it for a while now. I got a large giftbag full of all of the little things he has created since August of last year. Memories I will hold onto forever. I am so proud of Noah & the little boy he has become and I thank God every single day that he has blessed me with two wonderful little boys.

No comments: