Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Noah's first day of Pre-k

Noah's first day of pre-k was yesterday! I was incredibly nervous and I cried the night before. I wanted to get it all out before morning so he wouldn't know I was upset about him going to school. He woke up and had a brown sugar/cinnamon poptart and a banana. Got him dressed and we headed to school. Sniffle. We walked him in the room and one little boy was clinging to his mom beggisng her not to leave. That made Noah nervous I think because he asked me not to leave him :( So I stayed for about 20 minutes. He did the Pledge, sang a song, and joined with kids on the rug. I went up to him and asked him if I could go outside with daddy and go get me a drink of water - and then come back and get him. He said ok and gave me a hug. I had a lump in my throat and I had to talk to myself the whole way to the car. Its so hard leaving your child in someone else's care for the first time. The feeling was horrible. But he wanted to be there and its only a 3 hr program - no big deal. As the days go by it will be easier I'm sure. I just love my little boy so much and I'm so thankful he had a wonderful, safe first day of pre-k.

No comments: