Monday, June 4, 2012

Long Time No Blog!

I'm not very good on keeping up with the blog and I will have to try and do better. I keep up with quite a few blogs, just not my own. On June 1, Noah finished his last day of Kindergarten. I walked him to class that morning and gave the teachers a potted plant each that said "thank you for helping me grow" (thanks to Pinterest!) and as I walked in the door Mrs. Pitts gave Noah a huge hug and told him she loved him. Their relationship with Noah made this whole school year amazing. Once Mrs. Allen handed me all of Noah's things he has created during the school year, I lost it. I started bawling like a baby and the tears wouldn't stop. I was snorting and sniffing. Ugh, I wish I could contain my emotions sometimes, but I just can't. It was a bitter sweet day, really. I am so proud of Noah for completing Kindergarten and very excited about him going into the first grade, yet sad because this is where the "little" turns into "big". I don't think I was prepared for that emotion. The day before we (Me, Caleb, Toby, my mom, and grandmother) went to Noah's play. It was called The Hinky Dinky "DD" Farm. Noah was a rooster and his line was "All around the barnyard the animals are asleep. The cows, horses, pigs and sheep. Shh, don't make a peep. Here I come all bold and proud to sound my daily alarm: cock-a-doodle-doo cock-a-doodle-doo." It was the most precious play I think i've ever seen! Afterwards was the awards. He received the "Super Kid Award" and an award for excelling in Computer lab. I am a proud mama!



Toby is growing like a weed and has to do everything his big brother does. He's definitely the rough and tough one and isn't afraid of breaking anything..my poor house!! He still isn't talking but of course he says some things. His favorite thing to say is "yeah". I can ask him if he's ready for church and he'll enthusiastically say "yeah!" and then I can turn around and ask him if he wants a plate of onions for supper and he says the same thing! ha! I love it though so I am constantly coming up with off the wall questions for him, just to hear it :) We finally got his hair cut (Cousin Lisa cut it) and it does look a lot better, however, I miss the curls in the back. He still has some wavy parts in his hair and I hope it stays that way. It's too cute. I cannot believe he will be two years old in three months...where does the time go?





Caleb and I are still trying to find time for each other. It seems a little harder these days than we thought it would. We are super close and we're definitely each others best friend, but we never really get enough alone time. I think the last time we were out alone together was February 2011, and that was for just two hours. I miss our time together and I think not having that alone time really does affect the relationship. We don't have a babysitter and it gets hard sometimes..but we make do. Our children hate going places. When I say "hate", I really mean it. They pitch fits anytime we're in the car, especially if we start heading out of the town where we live. Toby is a little better than Noah..but once Noah pipes up, thats all she wrote. Our trips are miserable. Whether we're going to the grocery store, shopping, out for dinner, etc...nine times out of ten, it's miserable. I'm not sure why, but our boys would much rather stay at home and do nothing. It makes for hard weekends, that's for sure. Our nine year anniversary and my 29th birthday  (yep, on the same day) is coming up on the ninth and we're hoping for dinner without the kids. Not sure if it will happen, but here's to hoping!
I love him with all of my heart and I'm so thankful we met twelve years ago.








No comments: