Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yes!

I think I've found my calling, other than being a mommy of course. I've always loved children. I've babysat kids ever since I was old enough to babysit. Then I got married and had my own. I'm still keeping two of my cousins, 8 and 5 yrs old, who I've had since they were babies. I absolutely love kids. Noah is the light of my life. I do believe children are the biggest blessings one can recieve in life.

After seeing and being in contact with several special needs kids today, I really feel compelled to work (somehow) with them. I do feel like this is what God has gifted me with. It's a feeling I can't describe when I have an interaction with a little special needs child. I immedietly connect with them and they respond so well with me. . when they hardly respond to other people. I think I'm going to go back to school when Noah (and our next baby) both get into school. I have always thought I would end up being a Child Psychologist or something. . . .and I just may end up doing so. Or teaching. I'm not certain yet. But something clicked with me today - and I felt it - and knew immedietly.

No comments: