Monday, August 17, 2009

Plane Crash Dreams

______________________


They won't stop.

I have these recurring dreams of planes crashing. They happen a few times a week. . often enough to disturb me. I am never inside the plane, always on the ground watching. And the plane is flying normally but then ends up plowing into the earth and basically disintegrating. I am never aware of knowing any of the passengers, just that there are passengers.

I always realize that the plane is going to crash before it actually does, and all I do is stand there and watch it (what more could anyone do in that circumstance?). It usually crashes quite close to me, no more than a few hundred feet away. I even had a dream where a plane crashed at a local convenient store, but didn't disintegrate or cause any plane damage - but the pilot, a woman, was barely conscious and I couldn't help her. I woke up.

After lying in bed til 3 a.m. last night, affraid to go to sleep because of the torturous dreams - I got up and did some research on the net. A 'dream encyclopedia' claims that when a person has recurrent plane crash dreams, it means something in your life is out of control. But that is waaay off for me - its definitely not that. Another dream site said it means you're letting go of an anxiety or stress you've been holding onto. Doesn't apply to me, either. So I don't know. All I know is I'm affraid to close my eyes at night in fear of witnessing those horrible crashes ALL over AGAIN.

No comments: