Monday, December 12, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

I first got wind of Elf on the Shelf last year and I wanted to get Noah one so badly but all stores were sold out and it was so close to Christmas, so I decided to wait until this year. Then I forgot again.

Once I started seeing everyone's cute little Elf photos and stories, I had to get one. Thing is, I did not want to spend $30 on a tiny toy Elf..so I..improvised. I went to the - ahem  - Elf Adoption Center, aka Walgreens, and picked up a cute little Elf. So what if it has a hole through it's hat. So what if it is suppose to be hung on a door knob. Noah doesn't know any better. He actually complimented "Chompy" because he had the coolest "hanger" on his hat, which means that he can hang on anything! Duh!

The next day my grandmother called and asked if I had gotten an Elf yet. I told her yes and Noah had a fit when he woke up to find "Chompy" hanging from the Christmas tree. Thing is, my grandmother has an Elf that looks just like the Elf on the Shelf that they sell today - except her elf was bought back in the early 60s..and in great shape! So, I had to have it. Santa Claus called Noah and told him that he was listening to everything Chompy had to tell him and he was proud to know that he has been a good boy -- and Chompy was bringing another elf to our home, to watch over Toby. Perfect! His name? Hermie.

Noah wakes up every single morning in the best mood ever and cannot wait to see what they have gotten themselves into. Here are a few of pictures from our Elfscapades :)


No comments: