Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feeling Great!

It's been 18 days since Toby was born and I'm feeling better than I have in a long, long time! I want to walking the block but I'm still waiting on the dr to give me the ok. Anytime someone tells me to not do something, I want to do it. Waiting 6 weeks to do a n y t h i n g is for the birds. But hey, whatever the dr says I have to do. I gained 22ish lbs during pregnancy and lost 6 or 7 lbs toward the end, totalling my pregnancy weight gain to about 15-16 lbs. Since I'm going to the dr weekly for blood pressure checks (did I mention I have post partum pre-eclampsia? Yep, I do) I'm also being weighed when I go in. I'm still in shock but so happy - I've lost 25 lbs since giving birth! Heck to the yeah! I'm not even breast feeding or dieting. I just hope I'm not bragging too soon and all that weight jumps back on. But I'm pretty darn proud.

Toby had his first dr's appointment and everything is going great. He's now 7lbs 4oz and 20 inches long. I think they said his head measurement was 14 inches. His cord has fallen off but it wasn't looking too good. I was researching online and found something called umbilical granuloma that seemed to be what Toby had. Turns out I was right. They had to put silver nitrate on there to seal it off and some of it leaked out of his belly button and burned his little belly. I was so upset over it because it looked horrible. I've been putting Neosporin on there a few times daily and its healed up perfectly. He'll have a tiny little outie, but he's perfect :) Noah is absolutely in love with Toby! Seriously, he's always giving him hugs, kisses, covering him up...oh, and he's already showing him all of his toys. They're so cute!

No comments: