Monday, July 26, 2010

Memphis Trip

First of all, its definitely NOT what we expected. Our hotel was gross but we had to stay there because it was the only cheap pet friendly hotel around the area - my MIL brought her poodle. The other hotels charged $199 non-refundable pet fees. We weren't happy with that at all, but we had no choice. We very much enjoyed the Memphis Zoo - which had me panting and waddling around with cankles the size of an elephants. It's so weird, I know I've said this numerous times, but I had so much energy when I was pregnant with Noah. I could walk all day long and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Now, not so much. But I sucked it up and the zoo was a success. We also took Noah to Mud Island, which he very much enjoyed. We had to ride the Monorail across the Mississippi River just to get there. He stayed in the water for hours & I was totally jealous because my preggo butt had to sit in the 100 degree heat - but I did dream of wading the waters with all those kids..but I spared their little eyes from this monstrous creature. We also went down Beale Street. Wow, craziness. In one block I counted about 19 Memphis Police officers. Apparently it's a party street that never sleeps. We seen two fights, homeless begging me for leftovers from Hardrock Cafe...and we also took Noah for a ride on the Trolley. I just wanted to get the heck out of there because it was crazy! I guess it would have been different had we went without our 4 yr old...but when you're a mom & you DO have your child with you, you stay in mommy mode & you want to keep your babies safe. We also went by Graceland but didn't tour it. I took pics of it from a distance & of his plane he named after Lisa Marie. It was an ok trip..but definitely not a favorite.

No comments: