Friday, February 27, 2009

Laundry and a car wash

I've kind of let the laundry go the past few days, I figure it'll always be there once I get around to it. So, as I was walking past the laundry room and tripped over a laundry basket (or two) I decided it was time to start climbing Mt. Everest. So I throw the Downy ball in, detergent, and bleach. Start up the washer and as I'm waiting for it to start agitating so I can throw in some towels, Noah decides to drive his little monster truck around on the washing machine. I tell him to back away because there's bleach in there. . .and to please hang on to his truck or else it will be another 45 minutes before he would get to play with it again. I go in his bathroom and start cleaning it when I hear a distressed call.

NOAH: "mommmyy, my monser tuck in da washer and I can't get it".
ME: Noah, what did mama tell you about hanging onto your truck and staying away from the washer?
NOAH: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it.
ME: It's okay baby, but when mama tells you something, you need to listen. In a few minutes the washer will be all done and you'll get your truck back. ..and it'll be all clean!
NOAH: Ok, my monser tuck's dirty and it need baff.
ME: Exactly, it's dirty and now it's getting a bath and will be all clean.

Finally, I got his truck out of the washer and handed it to him and boy was he excited. It was clean and he was happy it got a "baff". You know, I almost got frustrated and upset because I had told him to get away from the washing machine and I had warned him that he could possibly drop his truck into the washer. .blah blah blah. But reality is - it's no big deal. One of these days I'm going to be doing laundry, and my little Noah is going to be a man that has a home and family of his own, and I'll wish I was pulling out a little toy truck from my washing machine. Time goes by so fast and I don't want to waste a single moment of it by sweating the small stuff. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, smart, healthy little boy who literally lights up my life. I don't write these posts about Noah because I'm complaining, I'm merely writing them because I want a record of all the precious memories we're building and I don't want to forget a second of it. I love my life. I love my family.

No comments: