Monday, July 14, 2008

Max




On June 28, 2008 I rescued little Max. A breeder was giving away three 6 week old puppies that had deformities. My cousin and I drove to her house, got out of the car. . and witnessed something that was just horrible. Theses tiny little puppies were in a shed and were placed in a tiny, smelly cage, and were pretty much going to die if we did not rescue them. The puppies have no feet, part of a tail, and cropped off ears. The breeder informs us that they were burned off by a heating plad she had placed in their cages. I was just heartbroken. My cousin takes two and I take Max, the smallest out of the three.

I had Max for three days and he got sick. Sneezing, coughing, spitting up. It was horrible and I panicked. My mom, Noah, and I loaded Max up and headed to the Animal Medical Center. He just had a summer cold and was placed on antibiotics. The vet clearly states that Max was not a burn victim and she was at a loss for words. Needless to say, something traumatic happened to these babies. Thank God we rescued them and I'm so thankful to have Max as a part of our family. He weighs 10 ounces and is SO feisty. . .and he's a ladies man, too! lol. He gets so much attention every where we go and I know he loves it. He's the best!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I can't wait to meet him!!! I love dogs!!!