Monday, November 21, 2011

Horrible past few days..

Ok, so a couple of months ago I accidently broke part of my back tooth off on the bottom left side. It didn't bother me so I put it off. I hate the dentist. I spent my entire childhood there. lol. Braces, retainer, spacers..you name it. It was because of my putting it off that it became infected and my nerve was exposed. It started bothering me about a month ago and ever since I've taken ibuprofen every single day. Not smart, I know. Then a few days ago it started hurting me so badly that I couldn't take it anymore, so I made a dentist appt. Dentist told me I would have to get so many things done..blah blah blah. The only thing I heard was $2000. WHAT?! Not good. I was in so much pain that I didn't even want to hear it. I cannot come up with $2000 just to have my tooth built up and a crown put on..and whatever else that needed to be done. Those never last a lifetime anyway. So, what did the dentist suggest as an alternative? Have my painful very back tooth pulled and in 6 months have a tooth implant. That will pretty much last a lifetime. Yep, count me in. So I had that sucker pulled today. In some ways I'm so glad because it was hurting me so badly - literally, I would rather have two more c-sections back to back than to go through another toothache. It hurt all the way up into my head. It was bad. A percocet wasn't even touching the pain. Anyway, I feel like a hillbilly now that I'm missing a tooth. Not sure why since it's a very back tooth, but I do. I cannot wait to get that implant!! It will cost roughly around $3000 but it will last a lot longer and I have 6 mo to save up for it. And believe me when I say it: I will have that implant. Ugh.

No comments: